Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quiet Waters

I've been feeling discouraged the past few days;  while I've been spending time in the Word, I haven't had many words to write.  I have felt like suddenly there's been a block put up, and the ideas that flowed so freely the past few months have slowed to a trickle.  I have tried writing a few posts, but have quickly deleted them as I felt they were forced rather than written out of the movement of the Spirit within me. 
We've been busy, and with the start of the Olympics, my nights have been filled with the drama of gold medals and the heart-felt biographies of the Olympians.  During the days, we have been running from play date to play date, and also swimming, baseball and church...all the while counting down the days until Cory comes home (which is soon!!). 
As I was putting the clean dishes away this afternoon, Psalm 23 crossed my mind.  It is a psalm I memorized as a child, but one that has taken on new meaning for me recently. 

"He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul..." 

Standing at the sink, these words ran through my mind, and I realized that it is exactly what He has been doing in my life this week. 
It's hard to imagine that while I'm caring for three loud, busy boys I could be beside quiet waters, but I am.  In the midst of our busy days, I have been at peace, and while I haven't been inspired to write post after post, He has been restoring me, refreshing me, and showing me who He is in my day-to-day-nothing-out-of-the-ordinary-life. 
He showed me today that I shouldn't be frustrated, but that I should trust that as My Shepherd, He is leading me through some quiet days that I really do need. 

If you have a minute today, read Psalm 23, and when you feel the Shepherd leading you beside the quiet waters in your life, soak it up...rest in it...and trust in Him, the Restorer of your soul.   

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes my lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment